Sunday, May 4, 2014

Czy Macie Inne Kolory?

The Polish flag - the nation was
amazingly patriotic. 
Poland is amazing! 
Having family that comes from there brings great memories back about my family. Krakow, Poland is by far on of the best places in Europe between the museums, food and random festivals. Poland has the most exciting population that is extremely friendly, especially to foreigners, and that is always a great thing for us foreigners! 

Recently, the late Pope John II was canonized, and by the mere mass of posters, statues and tributes to him it was clear that he was beloved by his nation and the world. On almost every corner there was a statue of him or  a poster that depicts him in a heavenly light. Since St. John II was the first ever Polish Pope throughout history, and coming through the communist era, he delivered hope to a nation that was severely damaged. He brought hope to me. 

Krakow is surprising a larger city than I expected, but it is very easy to commute by foot and the city maps are wonderfully useful! It is full of historical value within the city limits, and the museums show for it! My favorite museum is the Schindler museum.  It does not focus only on one point of how Oskar Schindler saved 1200 Jews from the extermination camp, but it was a memorial for the Jews in Poland and Central Europe and their lives before and after the Holocaust. 

On the outside of Poland I went to a salt mine. The salt mine took me three hours to complete, and I did not even touch 1% of the mine. The mine is one of the oldest mines in Europe that is dated back 1000 years. The churches and the center room inside of the mine is gorgeous. Once I find my husband, I know where I might be married at (wink). 


The Salt Mine

One of the many chapels in the mine.



The weekend that I went, there was some festival going on, I have yet to find out what it is, but I did try asking people what the point was. The festival had original clothing, dancing and the food...it was spectacular! 

Krakow, is by far the best food that I ever had. Just thinking about it right now typing...it makes me want some again. Foodgasm. The most “traditional” food from Poland is Zapiekanka. Zapiekanka is like a baguette with mushrooms, cheese and a sauce that is similar to Arby’s. It is delicious. Also, I found the Chocolate factory. 
What can I say. I love food and I really love delicious homemade chocolate!
The Best Burgers in Europe! It's a must go to place.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment