Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Stop Raining On My Parade - Literally


This past week was Spring Break - which translate into, “How to save money while traveling, but eating everything in my path!”
It was a constant rain and cloudy week, but we will still have fun.

Our first stop was Rome -  A Day of Selfies 
Rome was the city that I HAD to see.  Especially on Holy Week. It was fantastic! I had the most amazing time. I met amazing Germans and Spaniards. In line, waiting to get to the top of the St. Peters Basilica we started to talk and the next thing I know - Lady Gaga “Judas” was being sung! Great people! 
In my surprise, Rome being a large city - with great financial support from the rest of the state - it is “dirty.” The trains were not modern and they were all tagged. Also, the city in general - it was rough looking and trash was every where. Out of all the places I have been, Rome is the dirtiest place I have been. 



Actual Ruins from Roman Era

Colosseum

The trains

St. Peter's Basilica

Eat, Sleep, and Look at the Most Gorgeous Men
The next stop on spring break was Dubrovnik, Croatia.
Recommendation-If you go anywhere in Europe - Go To Croatia! 
The men - All easily rated 8 and above. I was truly happy just people watching (well mostly men watching)
Inspirational is the one word adjective I would use for Dubrovnik. The beach on the town and then the mountains 1 meter behind the beach. It is perfect for both types of outdoor people - beaches and mountains! 
For the three months that I am in Europe, I wanted to do something adventurous. I finally did. Jammie and I Sea Kayak - it started off smooth and fun, and then the wind picked up and waves became taller than Jammie and I. By the time we got back to the beach, I was frozen and exhausted, but it is definitely worth the $$$. 
My favorite thing about Dubrovnik is the food. It has the best food. Most of it, I have no idea what it is but it is delicious!


The national Drink- It is delicious!









After Sea Kayaking

Keep you posted about the next two weekends- they are a little morbid, but it will be interesting. Terezin and Auschwitz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment