Saturday, May 24, 2014

Day's to Remember...

Archbiskupské Zámecké VÍno KroméȓÍź- The Winery is the oldest Winery in Moravia. It is connected to the Archbishops palace. That makes sense, when you have a grand party you will want the best wine and if it is in your basement that would be great. The winery was full of mold and each of the vats ranged from 2 to 80 years old. I love wine tasting, and after spending months in Europe, I have become a wine drinker. I like almost every type of wine, but my favorite is the wet, white wine that is based off peaches. YUM, delicious! The palace was gorgeous; gold walls, long corridors and of course it happens to be where Amadeus was filmed.  



May 1 - Olomouc (Labor Day/Witch Burning Day) 

May 1, was a day that made Olomouc seem genuinely interesting. In the town main square, locals sold handmade crafts and a local band was playing. The entire town shut down so this festival could start. The best part of the day was the meat! The slow, tender roasted beef was absolutely amazing along with the $1 beer. To figure out what the festival was about, I went to the local information center. At first I was told that it was to celebrating the first days of witch burning. Crazy right? Then I was told it was because it was May Day, and finally I was told by the city that is to celebrate Labor Day. To celebrate Labor Day, the town doesn’t work-that makes great sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment