Monday, May 19, 2014

Buda - Pest : Thank you SiSi



When I was planning on my must see sites in Europe, Budapest was not on them. The city was an opportunity that was given to me and I took advantage. I knew that it was famous for its thermal baths and unique characteristics as two cities put together, Buda and PeSt. I knew that it was in Hungary and that the exchange rate was in my favor. Two great things while looking for places to travel to. Once I arrived in Budapest I fell in love. It's a modern city with some historical values. It is easy to travel and get around by foot, the food and people are amazing. Budapest is by far my favorite city. I wish I saw the city before the end of my trip because it was so large that I couldn't finish it. 







St. Stephens




Parliament Buidling 



















There are many great sites that I did get to see, such as the market place. Hundreds of vendors with really really fresh meat, fruits and vegetable also you had the classic tourist vendors. I walked to the Chain bridge, one of the first bridges built I Hungary. The Parliament building which inspired the West Minister Parliament building in Britain. The Holocaust memorial was wonderful. The one main thing that I did not get to see in Budapest was the Grand Synagogue that is a museum of the Budapest ghetto and the Holocaust. The city is absolutely gorgeous, it needs to be seen by everyone.



Fresh Food in the Market Hall
















Since Budapest was my last weekend with my travel cohorts we decided to go all out on our nightlife adventures. Since we arrived really late on Friday we hit up the local bar for awhile. I left at three but the others lasted all night. The second night we tried the Party boat. It was entertaining. There was 70 Deutsch and 4 Americans, it became crazy with meeting new people and discovering that two nations have nothing in common! Then the the club...it was great, with the music the people open-fresh air. The. They switched music to that House music and even though I have been here for a while I still can not get use to the music and to enjoy it. The third night was my favorite by far. It happened to be an all-nighter too. We decided to have a great Hungarian meal and go to the famous ruin bars. Once we reached the the bar we all partook In the famous drink-Palinka. Want to be happy quickly? Drink Palinka. The bars were just a bar, but the people we meet were amazing! We meet two groups of guys, one were British that were on a soccer tour and. Playoffs and the other were were northern Irishmen that wanted to party for a week. Both of the groups were amazing. I never laughed so hard and for long as I did that night. After four when they closed the bar weren't to Instant club until 7 and it was a Great night. Night life in Budapest is something you need to do. I almost found my husband that last night, but in reality I could never marry a Brit with their accents. Hahah. There is a little of everything for everyone; clubs, bars, wineries, or restaurant that are open till one. Great places.
Holocaust Memorial









World War 2 Memorial

One of the most famous things In Budapest are the thermal baths.....just go to them. After following the steps of how to do the baths, warm, warmer, hot, damn this is getting crazy and then a freezing cold dip; you will feel amazing and relaxed. There are 11 baths in Budapest and each bath has a unique quality. Many of them are from last century and they show it, in a good way.


No comments:

Post a Comment