Monday, May 12, 2014

BARCE. BARCELONA!

When I arrived I was thinking that Barcelona was going to be like the rest of Europe, nice and old with gorgeous architecture and cobblestone streets, but in fact it was nothing like that. Barcelona is a gorgeous city for different reason. The tall buildings that spring forth from the ground with lines of trees that shape the streets and the color enrichment of theropod of the town. While I was there I did not find a single Spaniard, we were all foreigners and people move there but they weren't born there.the city is so large that my four day trip was not enough. 
This street artist is a well recognized professor
that taught us how to paint!






When you arrive, I was told that Barcelona was to large to walk through the town. Which has become abnormal most of the towns are large but walkable. Barcelona was not that case. I bought a ten time pass and for four days it was sufficient enough get around. 
Basilica Familia
The first day I arrived, my goal was to sit by the beach to breathe and relax. Thankfully I had great weather to do just that. A surprise that I shouldn't have been surprised about was the nude beaches! Older people can rock it better than most people my age. The beach was absolutely wonderful but....I forgot sunscreen on the back half of me. Worst mistake I made not his trip of over three months! The equator sun is powerful and it shows on people that usually hide away from the sun. I couldn't sit or walk for the rest f the weekend. On that note, my night life was nonexistent. 

My favorite thing about traveling is the new food! Surprisingly I didn't like Spain's food. The only thing that was an Oh My Ah moment was the Paella. However, the scenery makes up for the food. A must site to see is the Guell Park. It is on the outside of the town and it takes a little time to get there but this park is breathtaking. It overlooks Barcelona and it incorporates the famous Lizard and Mosaic buildings. It took me two hours to go through it and I didn't even finish it. Great place to take a picnic and relax all day. Plus it's free!
Barcelona is a great place to be. Definitely make it on your bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment